The Jungian Analyst, James Hollis tells us repeatedly that unless we have a sense of personal authority, we can not lead our own lives. Until we accept responsibility for our journey we will not be free to pursue it to the fullest.
Grounded in your own personal enquiry, this event will support you in clarifying your core values (held in the body) and help you recognise and attune to the embodied wisdom you already possess.
Through simple elegant processes, engaging peer conversation, time on the land and the unfolding of your own generative imagination, you are invited to reclaim you personal sovereignty, and in doing so bring more of your precious inner life into the outer world with faith in your ability.
Just 16 places are available, the cost is inclusive of all meals and accommodation.
Here is an overview of what you can expect from this retreat, concluding with my intentions for what you will leave with.
Thursday - Arrivals, introductions and openings and supper.
Friday - Introduction to generative approaches to working with the mind / body / soul and the deep imagination. Using simple ritual, movement, gentle trance states, deep listening and speaking from the heart, we shall spend the day exploring our own ways of creating embodied and generative states of awareness.
Working in dyads and triads with group discussions and personal time to reflect and connect, we shall use this day to explore and clarify our resonant intentions to be caried into Saturdays Medicine Walk.
Saturday - In the morning we shall gather in Council. Using the wisdom gleaned on the previous days we will prepare to go out on the land for a solo medicine walk. A medicine walk is an intentional wonder that charges and invokes the deep imagination and the symbolic realm inherent in nature to enter a mutually beneficial conversation. From this conversation new meanings and deeper understandings arise. Later in the day we shall gather in council once again, share our stories and mirror them back to each other.
Sunday - We shall explore self generated ritual / soul practices that support us in continuing to grow through our new found skills and awareness and out into our every day lives. We will close in blessing circle and brief council before returning to our personal hero and heroine's journeys.
My desire is that through the course of the weekend you develop a strong relationship with your Inner King and Queen energies / archetypes, and that through the processes outlined above you come to trust them in all of their beautiful imperfectiions and stupendous gifts.
When you leave on Sunday I trust you will know and sense much more of what it means to speak fully from your authentic Sovereign Self, which I believe resides in the region of the heart.
You will certainly know in what direction you are headed, what challlenges you can expect to present, and most importantly how you can access resourceful states that allow you to move in the direction you intended, guided from the inside out.
Expect a warm welcome, amazing home grown food, quiet open space and a chance to reflect on the deeper elements of your unique and personal journey into life.
This retreat is suitable for anyone committed to their personal growth and development.
The cost of the retreat, inclusive of meals and accommodation is:
• £295.00 if paid by 31st August.
• £330.00 if paid by 30th September.
• £365.00 if paid by 29th October.
* there are three camping spots available at a £50.00 reduction.
** Refunds - Refunds will be available until the 30th September less a 30% administration fee.
For further information please visit my new and evolving web site:www.pauljhowell.com and email me at email@example.com to register and ask any questions.
If anyone is interested in knowing a bit more about the structure and flow of the ATIQK here is a brief outline. As with all depth work, we track the stages of the Hero / Heroine's journey: leaving the mundane world behind, we travel into the sacred and then return to live our new awareness and knowings in the everyday world.
- Thursday evening: Arrival and Orientation. Dinner followed by opening introductions.
- Friday: We will spend most of the day learning about and practising generative approaches to self development. During this time we will be learning how to open a resonant connection to the body and mind, how to open into relationship and return to our centres. We will be working with each other to define and refine our intention for working with the King and Queen Archetypes whilst placing them in the context of the Warrior / Amazon, Magician / Medial and Lover archetypes.
- Friday evening: We start to explore the deeper territories of these core archetypes and the part they play in our lives and set our intentions for Saturday's medicine walk.
- Saturday: Medicine walk and Council. Invoking the wisdom of the land we will venture out at sunrise for approximately 6 hours solo time. You are invited to enter the symbolic realm of nature and soul whilst carrying your intentions, questions and longings. In the afternoon and evening, we will share our experiences and the treasures we found in council; the ancient practice of listening to and bearing witness with each other.
- Sunday: A day of reflections, integrations and celebrations in preparation for the departure and return.
NB - I will be shaping the retreat to the needs of those who attend and as such some of the elements may flex as appropriate.
For further information please visit my new and evolving web site: www.pauljhowell.com and email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to register and ask any questions.